What do I need in order to complete photo ID identity proofing?
Users will need their US Driver's License or STATE issued identification card.
How do I take a good photo?
Here are some tips for submitting a good quality image:
- Put the document on a contrasting background and capture all four edges clearly (include a bit of of background buffer on all sides)
- Find good lighting to avoid glare (e.g. avoid dark rooms, avoid direct light from ceiling lights, bright lamps, etc. that may cause glare)
- Retake the photo if you notice a glare in the image
- Capture entire face in the selfie and look directly at the camera
- Make sure no one else is in the background of the photo.
I don't have a smartphone, how do I verify my photo ID?
We currently don't offer verification for users who don't have access to a smartphone
What smartphone camera quality do you require?
The image must be at least a 5 megapixel camera
What happens if I take a poor quality image?
We will automatically prompt you to retake the image if we cannot read it